The 2020/21 edition of the DFB-Pokal is already underway and there have been some huge results to have already taken place.
Indeed, the German football Cup competition has always provided fans with a number of goals and this year’s tournament has not failed to provide them in abundance as there have been some huge scorelines to have been recorded already.
First Round Results Of The DFB-Pokal 20/21
- Eintracht Braunschweig 5-4 Hertha BSC
- TSV Havelse 1-5 FSV Mainz
- 1. FC Nurnberg 0-3 RB Leipzig
- FSV Union Furstenwalde 1-4 VfL Wolfsburg
- FV Engers 07 0-3 VfL Bochum
- SV Todesfelde 0-1 VfL Osnabruck
- VSG Altglienicke 0-6 1. FC Koln
- MTV Eintracht Celle 0-7 FC Augsburg
- FC Oberneuland 0-8 Borussia Monchengladbach
- RSV Meinerzhagen 1-6 SpVgg Greuther Furth (AET)
- TSV 1860 München 1-2 Eintracht Frankfurt
- Karlsruher SC 0-1 Union Berlin (AET)
- FC Ingolstadt 04 0-1 Fortuna Dusseldorf
- SSV Ulm 1846 2-0 FC Erzgebirge Aue
- FC Carl Zeiss Jena 0-2 Werder Bremen
- Chemnitzer FC 4-5 TSG Hoffenheim (Penalties)
- 1. FC Rielasingen Arlen 1-7 Holstein Kiel
- Eintracht Norderstedt 0-7 Bayer Leverkusen
- TSV Steinbach 1921 1-2 SV Sandhausen
- FC Hansa Rostock 0-1 VfB Stuttgart
- SV Elversberg 4-2 FC St. Pauli
- 1. FC Kaiserslautern 4-5 SSV Jahn Regensburg (Penalties)
- SC Wiedenbruck 2000 0-5 SC Paderborn
- SV Wehen Wiesbaden 1-0 1. FC Heidenheim
- 1. FC Magdeburg 2-3 SV Darmstadt 1898 (AET)
- SV Waldhof Mannheim 07 1-2 SC Freiburg
- SG Dynamo Dresden 4-1 Hamburger SV
- Kickers Wurzburg 2-3 Hannover 96
- Rot-Weiss Essen 1-0 Arminia Bielefeld
- MSV Duisburg 0-5 Borussia Dortmund
- 1. FC Duren 0-3 FC Bayern Munchen
- 1. FC Schweinfurt 05 1-4 Schalke 04
Biggest Surprises And Disappointments Of The DFB-Pokal So Far
The DFB-Pokal football tournament started off with one of the biggest surprises of the first round when Eintracht Braunschweig managed to defeat Bundesliga outfit Hertha BSC. The hosts are currently struggling in 2. Bundesliga, however that did not faze them when they met a top-tier football team who are also in poor form.
Other shocks in the 20/21 season of the DFB-Pokal include Rot-Weiss Essen’s victory over Arminia Bielefeld and SV Elversberg’s win against FC St. Pauli as both german football teams went up against opposition that were in a higher football division than them and would have been expected to win.
Indeed, there were almost further disappointments and shocks to have been had in the first round of the DFB-Pokal, as the likes of Hoffenheim and SpVgg Greuther Furth both required additional time and/or penalties to get the job done.
Best Players From The DFB-Pokal 20/21 Round 1
Three players were able to secure hat-tricks for their team in the First Round of the DFB-Pokal competition as they each helped their respective sides progress to the next stage of the german football competition.
Martin Kobylański (Eintracht Braunschweig), Jean-Philippe Mateta (Mainz 05) and Dennis Srbeny (SC Paderborn) were the heroes for their football sides.
There were also a plethora of players who managed to record braces for their teams as well in the first round of the DFB-Pokal, including Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (FC Bayern Munchen), Andrej Kramarić (Hoffenheim) and Florian Neuhaus (Borussia Monchengladbach).
Predictions For The Upcoming Rounds Of The DFB-Pokal 2020/2021
The second round of the DFB-Pokal has provided some top football matches, although many of the biggest Bundesliga clubs have managed to avoid each other, thus likely to continue their cup runs.
This is how the second round of the DFB-Pokal looks, with games scheduled to take place on 22nd December:
- Rot-Weiss Essen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf
- SSV Ulm 1846 vs Schalke 04
- SV Elversberg vs Borussia Monchengladbach
- SV Wehen Wiesbaden vs SSV Jahn Regensburg
- SG Dynamo Dresden vs SV Darmstadt 1898
- Union Berlin vs SC Paderborn
- VfB Stuttgart vs SC Freiburg
- Eintracht Braunschweig vs Borussia Dortmund
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Eintracht Frankfurt
- Hannover 96 vs Werder Bremen
- 1. FC Koln vs VfL Osnabruck
- FSV Mainz vs VfL Bochum
- Holstein Kiel vs Bayern Munich
- FC Augsburg vs RB Leipzig
- TSG Hoffenheim vs SpVgg Greuther Furth
- VfL Wolfsburg vs Sv Sandhausen
Indeed, the likes of Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Schalke 04 and TSG Hoffenheim should all be confident of their chances in progressing to the next round of the DFB-Pokal. However, the tie of the second round could arguably be the meeting between Bayer Leverkusen and Eintracht Frankfurt as both football teams continue to compete in the Bundesliga.
DF-Pokal 20/21 Predictions
Thus the following DFB-Pokal predictions can be made:
- Bayern Munich to beat Holstein Kiel 4-0
- Borussia Monchengladbach to beat SV Elversberg 4-1
- Bayer Leverkusen to beat Eintracht Frankfurt 3-1
- Schalke 04 to beat SSV Ulm 1846 2-1
- TSG Hoffenheim to beat SpVgg Greuther Furth 3-0